• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovatek 6800 waterblock exposed. Lots of pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fallguy

**Disclaimer** I dont care that its not 1/2", I didnt want 1/2". If you want to blabber on about how much better 1/2" is than 3/8", feel free to do so elsewhere. **Disclaimer**

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

The bigger fittings I put on for my 3/8" ID hose. They dont have them in the swivel fittings though. :(

6.JPG

7.JPG

Something I was worried about, it was very close.

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

The main reason I got it, it is very slim. I had to clip two fins off of my 6800 GT heatsink, to get it to fit in the AGP slot. It was hitting my chipset waterblock, which isnt even very big.

As seen here;
NB1.JPG

NB2.JPG

I dont think the DD block would have fit, because its so thick. I dont like the looks of it anyways. For me is was down to this one, or Aqua-Computers new block, due out in about two weeks. I got this because it was the last one left.. and I just wanted it.

I dont have any before/after numbers yet, because I am waiting on a HD block to slap this thing on. Dont want to fill the loop up, just to drain it in about two weeks. Its going to be on a seperate loop from the CPU/Chipset. Its going to just have the GPU, and HD on it. I have everything else.. but the dang HD block.

No, I dont think they do. You could use a reducer, but that would probably negate the 1/2" flow advantage.

Wait, is that aluminum and copper in the same waterblock? I hope you're using some sort of corrosion preventer.

Looks nice FallGuy. I am in the same boat as you were. I don't know what way to go yet. Some people rave about the DD Block and some say it is the worst thing made??? I am wondering if I could just fabricate a way to use a Swiftech GPU block and get some Ram sinks and call it good. I want the absolute best watercooling money can buy.

Yeah I was just there and had my basket full then saw the MCW50-T Video Water Block. I was wondering how good that monster is. Looks real nice. Wonder how much power it draws and how bad it is to keep the condensation away? Anyone here use this thing? I also wonder if it would work with the swiftech 6800 adapter kit?

ex-blc-12_2.jpg

Back