• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all T-line people!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntrsfrml

Registered
hi all..

Setup: I have MCW-6002/D-Tek 120jr/Eheim 1250/Criticool vertical reservoir cooling my P4 2.6Ghz @ 3.2Ghz/Asus P4P800 DLX with temp, Ambient 25C, Idles 27-28C, Load 30C.

Problem: I can't fit Eheim 1250/ Reservoir and Dtek 120jr in Lian Li 65xx series case :( .. so I have decided to remove the reservoir out of the loop and add a Nylon T-line.. I know bleeding/filling T-line is pita but i'm ready to try it.

Question: Will this increase my temps? if yes, by how much? 1-2 degress is no biggie.

What you can do :) : Please share your setup/WCing setup and temps with me.

TIA! :clap:

It will not increase your temps. It is a little harder to bleed, but is actually not that bad. You may need to tilt your case different directions to get all the air out. I have a AMD 2800 oced to 2.80 (13*216), ATI 9800pro also Oced (forgot what it was oced to), Hydor L35 pump, Bonniville 77 rad. My temps are about 27 id, 31 load. Just be smart and make the t-line close to the top so the bubbles go there.

I like the T-Line i had a bay rez but i got rid of it for space, and in the time i was using the T i had no temp changes, I would have stuck with the T but really i have no place to affectivly (sp?) bleed, the intake was my only spot. Basically what i did was make a PVC res, drill two holes in the rear of my case for the intake and outlet and zip-tied it to the back of my case, but that won't work for you if you want it all in the case.

okay.. what if i take the block off the CPU and fill and bleed outside the Case..later install the block. My swiftech 6002-P uses clips, so its very easy to mount.

thanks.

ntrsfrml said:
okay.. what if i take the block off the CPU and fill and bleed outside the Case..later install the block. My swiftech 6002-P uses clips, so its very easy to mount.

thanks.
Sounds like a good plan to me I would have done somthing similar, the only thing i would be worried about is a connection coming loose and all that work went down the hole.

I find that if you run a t-line just before the pump inlet, and leave about a 6" stub, filling/bleeding is a dream. Just keep filling the t-line as the pump pulls in the water your dumping in. I can fill and bleed my system in about 5 minutes. :D

J.

juliendogg said:
I find that if you run a t-line just before the pump inlet, and leave about a 6" stub, filling/bleeding is a dream. Just keep filling the t-line as the pump pulls in the water your dumping in. I can fill and bleed my system in about 5 minutes. :D

J.
Ill have to try that, one question though, when u shake/flip your HC and it releases tons of air, do u quick stop the pump to remove the air?

Archer36 said:
Ill have to try that, one question though, when u shake/flip your HC and it releases tons of air, do u quick stop the pump to remove the air?

No, not really. if you have the t-line where i said then as the air bleeds out the waterlevel in the t goes down very quickly. just keep adding to it until the bleeding is done.

J.

Back