• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help Choose RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaine11

Registered
Hey im building my first system to overclock ive been doin a lot of readin past couple days and ive decided that im getting

Asus p4c800-E delux
p4 3.0c

Now i need to decid on memory i have read that overclockin with intel, timings dont matter but non the less i still heard a lot of good things about the Corsair 3200CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency 2-2-2-5, 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200, Model TWINX1024-3200XLPRO... The other sets of memory im considering is the OCZ 4400 Performance which i heard runs stable till 275mhz X 2 which is what its rated anyways .My other choice is the the OCZ 4000 Gold Which i heard also runs Stable at 275 X 2 which is a bit overclocked. From my understanding the multiplier for the 3.0c is 15 so i figure 15x250 (250 also being what the memory would have to run at) is 3750 and i dont really inted on overclockin past that point anyways i saw benchmarks on the Corsair 3200 EASILY overclocking to 250x2 500 which is considered pc4000 so with that being said and they are all within a couple $ from each other what would you guys suggest? Thanks in Advanced... by the way the higher the PC rating of the memory the higher bandwidth it has in example 3200 is 3.2gb i dont understand how this works or if its crucial in overclocking cause if so i guess the best choice is the ocz performance 4400?

the pc rating ie pc4400 just means its CAPABLE of 275 mhz that doesnt mean ur sytem is capable of those speeds. the fastest ur likely to go on air with ur setup is around 250/260. youd be wasting money buying pc4400. why dont u wait till reefa madness and a few other guys get finished testing out the pqi 2.2.2.5 ram early this week. it may be a good choice for u if it can hit those numbers with good latencies. otherwise if u cant wait i would suggest the ocz eb pc3700/ or their platinum rev 2 memory..

Back