• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get 1/2" Y fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

I have been looking for some 1/2" ID Y fittings, they can either be 5/8" or 3/4" OD. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Thx

I picked up a couple from dangerden awhile back, I assume they're still selling them.

They do exist...or close enough.

I've just picked some up which are specified at 17mm OD (0.67inch or 2/3") and which measure around 11.75mm ID (0.46inch or slightly under 1/2").

Not sure how easy they'll be to find in the USA but the ones I have are made by Tefen - catalogue number 12446357578.

Yes they exist, only one retailer has them! 1/2" ID - 5/8" OD wyes and a very rare item actually. I have 4 of them myself, but you can pick them up HERE

I was just looking for some brass Y's - some jackass has google flooded with the 1st 8 pages link to copies of the first webpage for generic brass fittings.

The problem is that I need the Y's that are closer to a T shape, that is the angle between the 2 outlets is >= 120 degrees. While I was on the great white throne I had a brainstorm - chop two 1/2" copper 90 degree elbows in two and solder them together in the shape of a sanitary tee [PVC drainage tube]. The ID of the curved portion is 1/2" AND its not a sharp change of direction like a brass Y would have. The OD of where the hose connects will be 3/4" for leak-free connections. I'll have plenty of time to try it at work (plumbing@Home Depot :D ) with the unmarked/bent 'spares' nobody else wants to deal with.

There's also 5/8" OD soft copper tubing (ridgid is measured ID, flexible 'soft' tube is OD) in a 10' coil I might use in my project too. If I can ever get some proper answers and decide on a heater core to use, I might start building soon.

Back