• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running PC3200 with 333Mhz processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yann

Registered
will my memory sticks run at 400Mhz even if i have a 333Mhz cpu. By the way it is an Athlon XP barton 3000+ unlocked :)
Mobo Abit NF7 2.0 (plain)

Wull ummm...if it's unlocked then why don't you just run both the processor AND the memory at 200+?

TimoneX said:
Wull ummm...if it's unlocked then why don't you just run both the processor AND the memory at 200+?

That is lowering the multiplifier and increasing the FSB? if possible i want to keep stock settings. Anyway will that give me a better performance than using the ratio setting in the BIOS?

Running the proc in synch with the ram is always desirable especially on an nForce2 chipset which is what's on your NF7 mobo. This will yield more performance. If you have an unlocked cpu then go for it. Lower the multi and jack up the fsb to 200 at least.

Yes. 10x200 is always better than 166x12 if your hardware can handle it, and in this case it almost certainly can.

Back