• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Speed and Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

This to me doesnt make sense. I have an Airplex Evo 120 radiator with an evercool fan. At idle w/ 8v, the temp is 33 degrees. At idle with 12v, the temp is 32 degrees. Full load is the same situation, 1 degree higher for the 8v. At 12 volt, it is very loud. At 8 volt, it is somewhat loud.

If i get the Panaflo L1A's (or if there is a better model, please advice), will it drop my temp by a lot? I really want my idle temp to be under 30c, which is a lot to ask for. The air in my system is being circulated very well. NB temp is at 27c on fan. My mosfet is staying under 40c idle, goes up to 60c full load.

Here is what i was thinking about doing. If panaflo fan can make my idle temp to become under 30c, should i take my evercool, run it at 7v, and mount it to the bottom of my case. This should get air flow moving right (i wont be cutting a hole at the bottom of the case, so it wont have an opening)

billiam said:
This to me doesnt make sense. I have an Airplex Evo 120 radiator with an evercool fan. At idle w/ 8v, the temp is 33 degrees. At idle with 12v, the temp is 32 degrees. Full load is the same situation, 1 degree higher for the 8v. At 12 volt, it is very loud. At 8 volt, it is somewhat loud.
Sounds reasonable to me so not sure what you mean, higher voltage should produce more air flow and more noise and result in lower temperature.

If i get the Panaflo L1A's (or if there is a better model, please advice), will it drop my temp by a lot? I really want my idle temp to be under 30c, which is a lot to ask for. The air in my system is being circulated very well. NB temp is at 27c on fan. My mosfet is staying under 40c idle, goes up to 60c full load.
Doubt you'll see see a drop to 30C with any fan. Might put some small heat sinks on your mosfets.

Here is what i was thinking about doing. If panaflo fan can make my idle temp to become under 30c, should i take my evercool, run it at 7v, and mount it to the bottom of my case. This should get air flow moving right (i wont be cutting a hole at the bottom of the case, so it wont have an opening)
I would suggest you look at fans based on the air flow (typically given in cfm =cubic feet per minute) and noise level (low 30's dBa will be quite) to see what is the best your can find. Most of the better brand fans will provide these numbers. Basically more air flow = more noise. By the way, Panaflo does typically make a good fan. :clap:

I thought 60c was good on full load for mosfets. I was trying to illustrate good air flow. I still dont understand how there is a 1 degree difference between using 8v and 12v, it would make more sense that using 12v will cool it down by a lot more, but by 1 degree?

what are ur cpu load temps?

i do not see any change in fan speed when im not overclocking but as soon as i get the vcore up the extra fan power at 12v makes a differense

Yup, I had the same problem. I am betting your shroud is not deep enought. Also Whats your Room temp. I have notice if my room is very cold, I get a 2-4C difference when runnin at 7volt and 12volt. But when is really hot(CA, and summer+no AC=AHHH!!!) I get maybe a 1-2C difference.

The airplex evo 120 doesnt require a shroud. The radiator is inside of a box, which has about a 1-2 inch lift above the fan. That is why i decided to go with this radiator, for 70 bucks, and no shroud, and good performance, it was good dea imo.

Back