• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any ideas on a pump box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicdrive

does anyone have any build ideas for a submersiable pump ? i want to build a box for it and have it in the box ?? looking for design ideas thanks ahead to all

let me get this straight u want to make a pump box thats water sealed with pump in it and thats is?

I will be using a 5 gallon bucket. There will be a 3/4" hole in the center of the lid for the outlet, and a hole offset for the inlet. Inserted into each hole from the outside will be a 3/4" plastic tubing coupling. On the inside 3/4" ID clearflex will be pushed onto the coupling and clamped, holding them in place. I will seal with silicone or maybe epoxy. The pump will be suspended by the tubing on the center hole, and the inlet barb will have a tube that goes below the waterlevel. I may also have a small diameter tube come out near the bottom on the side, and go back in the top on the same side so I will be able to see the water level.

Yea a Electrical Junction box has been shown around here that it works perty good, but why do you wanan submerse your pump, noise?

a 2x2x2 is not gonna work too well, unless you have a really small, weak pump.

Minimum I reccomend is a 4x4, and even then it can be a tight squeeze unless you choose your pump carefully.

Back