• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HC on bottom..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, I was thinking of laying my heatercore horizontaly on the base of my case, I will also raise my case so its about 1/2" or 1" off the ground.. Is this a bad idea or something because I haven't seen anyone do it? air under my case shouldn't be too hot since heat rises.

I would say that you could raise your case about an inch off the ground, then mount your fan sucking in air from under it and blowing it through your HC, but use a shroud. If you do that, I don't see why you would have any problems.

The only 'problem' I see is that all the heat from the HC is going to be pumped into your case and heat the case temps up, but other than that I see nothing wrong with that.

That can easily be solved my switch the front intakes around so you have exhaust fans in the front and rear. Intake is done through the HC fans. Or you can leave the front intakes as they are and simply add a blowhole up top. 120mm 0r 92mm shall do fine.

Is it a desktop case or a tower that sits on the floor? If desktop, you are better off than if on a floor. Too much dust and dirt down low without intake filters. Other than what has been mentioned above, you should be good to go.

Back