• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa Hyperam PC4200 any good????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

is the Komusa Dual Hyperam (x2 512MB) PC4200 any good? i heard that the
Adata overclocks very well, some even up to 300Mhz. If i get the Komusa (there is an option to get them with adata brand), will i be guranteed to overclock it to at least 275?

if i do overclock it to 275, about how high would i have to raise my memory voltages? i have the Abit IC7-Max3.

http://www.komusa.com/1gbkit5pc53d1.html

ALOT of guys here have bought the komusa adata brand hyperram.tho they guarentee it to 533, everyone who has bought it usually gets at least 280 out of it. some of the guys have gotten much higher (low 290's). it is not the fastest ram made (ocz pc4400 is probably the fastest) but it is very fast and a good deal for the money. make sure u pick the pulldown box and select adata brand cause i dont know how fast the other runs..

Liquid_Cooled, nothing is ever guranteed man... the thing is it's a good memory and on average overclocks nicely. you should be able to get there or pretty close 1:1... as for voltage, the sweet spot seems to be 2.8-3.0v. some ppl get good results with a bit lower voltage, some a bit higher. one thing is for sure - this adata is not responding well to super-high voltages as, say, bh or ch modules. 2.8 to 3.0v is plenty. i ran it at 3.2 and it didn't make any difference.

Last edited:
Here is what I was able to do with mine at 2.8V:
Benchmark.png

Direct link: http://home.cfl.rr.com/a1b2c3d4/images/Computer/Benchmark.png

My pair of 512mb Komusa ADATA PC4200 sticks ran 292FSB 1:1 memtest stable for 30+ hours all tests. Unfortunately Windows wasn't stable, most likely due to my CPU or my actual board just not being able to cope at those speeds. This was at 2.85v vmem in BIOS, which usually meant around 3.0v actual voltage (this board overvolts ram by default)

Right now they're bored and twiddling their thumbs at a paltry 247FSB :(

Back