• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok Tonite I'm buying my setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can never know. I'd say it's a decent performing system. You'd see better temps from a DIY setup with a heatercore and 1/2'' ID tubing/components.

well rtie now on air I get around 44-46c load will it improve or what do you reccomend I do

u know swiftech has a new pump now mcp650 and an updated cpu block that has 1/2" inlet instead of 3/8"

i have that setup, but it is with the older series water block, i m not going to give you my temps cause they are worthless since no ones temps are accurate, but with my 2500 barton, non mobile i am at 2.4 ghz (stock is 1.833) so it is a nice system, but like they said if you are willing to spend a little more time and researh in these forum you can find a thread about how to fill a T line system, then you can get a black ice extreme 2 (dual 120 mm radiator) make sure you get the 1/2 ID fittings get a D4 pump (or the swiftech one they are the same) get the MCW6002 waterblock from swiftech this will leave you with a much better performing system, for the cost, and if you want it to be even cheaper, just a get a heater core from a car (don't ask me what make/model cause i don't know)

if you are willing to spend a little more time in the forums and searching for parts (although you can find all those parts on forzencpu... although they overcharge for some items... but then again they are trying to make money) you will end up with a much better system and will not have to upgrade like i m going to have to... but then again its your money so do what you want...

I would also suggest DIY watercooling, even though that looks like it should be pretty close to DIY. I would also suggest a DD Double Heatercore instead of the BIX2 to save some cash. You could even paint it for the pretty factor. Remember do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again (until you decide to upgrade at least).

dlitto, that setup is dated.
The latest from Swiftech is the H20-120? SERIES LIQUID COOLING KITS
Has the new pump, and 120mm rad.
That MCP600 is a great pump, I have one, very quiet, but looks as if the MCP650 kicks its butt.

BTW, I have had very good luck with Swiftech products, and their kits make it easy to start your watercooling adventures and you can add to later if you like. Just my $0.02.
Good Luck and have fun.

Back