• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC rig in testing phase - Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KidOtakon

Registered
OK, I've started my test run with my WC rig, and I have a few questions. In certain areas it 'feels' like the water isnt flowing, but when I clog it (via making an uber kink) the pipe becomes clear instead of foggy [Its probably foggy because of my additives]. Is the water still flowing, or is my paranoia justified? Does it matter which barb I plug the outflow / inflow into the heatercore? How about the reservoir? I'll upload a picture of the test setup in a little while to help give everyone a better picture of it.

feels, what do mean feels. If you can see the water moving it is moving. And what ratio of distilled water to additives did you use. It only matters the order the water moves through things. Also what parts are you using (ie wateblock, res, pump etc)

KidOtakon said:
OK, I've started my test run with my WC rig, and I have a few questions. In certain areas it 'feels' like the water isnt flowing, but when I clog it (via making an uber kink) the pipe becomes clear instead of foggy [Its probably foggy because of my additives]. Is the water still flowing, or is my paranoia justified? Does it matter which barb I plug the outflow / inflow into the heatercore? How about the reservoir? I'll upload a picture of the test setup in a little while to help give everyone a better picture of it.

once all the air is out of the system, it should almost look like nothing is moving through. only pump noise, minor pulsasions (sp?), and the flow in the res should give it away. the in/out shouldn't really matter for a heatercore. as for the res, check how the in/out barbs are aligned with the baffle(s) on the inside. you want the baffles to minimize the bubbles and foaming that goes to the suction of the pump. for an example in my system (a dual floppy res), my res is split into a 2/3, 1/3 bays.
-------------
<-out|
-------------

here is a pic of my res, look closely on the right side...you will see the baffle

hope this helps

7.jpg

Back