• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I mount this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think he forgot that part?

Whatever you use for a block, it needs to have the mounting hardware for an intel board if the block isn't already tailored for the intels. Some need to remove that stock black bracket and bolt through those holes or I'v seen some blocks use that original stock bracket.

dicecca112 said:
well the dtek on he linked looked like a straight bolt on, not using the bracket holes.
The pic he linked to I believe is for an amd mounting. If he gets that with the intel mounting, it should come with the mounting hardware with it using the bracket holes or using the bracket it self. I'm not to familiar with intel boards so maybe someone in the know with intel boards can step up to the plate.

Of course you can mount it on a P4C800!!

All you have to do, is to remove the black heatsink bracket (around cpu socket) and you will use the 4 holes take where used for this bracket to put the bolts that will be included with your block. Be sure to take the intel P4 option!

Charloz24 said:
Of course you can mount it on a P4C800!!

All you have to do, is to remove the black heatsink bracket (around cpu socket) and you will use the 4 holes take where used for this bracket to put the bolts that will be included with your block. Be sure to take the intel P4 option!

absolutely correct ! Intel boards do have 4 holes but you have to remove the black retention bracket in order to be able to use the holes. If he order the block for intel, I'm sure they will include hardware for him to mount on the board, either by the use of the brackets or the holes. Black brackets are easy to remove by the way. Takes me usually less than 2 minutes to do.

Back