• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice of Heater Core to Use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2Busy

Posted on another thread, but no response. Will try again.

I have just acquired a Netifinity Cube Server case I want to w/c and mod. The front bays where the hot swap scsi drives were measure approximately 9 x 9.5 inches. Looking through the core database I see a 2-678 Taurus core that measures 7.75 x 7.375. I think it would be possible to get 4 92mm fans on this jewel in this case without much effort. However, I do not know anything about this core. Can you shed some light on it, or one in the same size range? If I work this size I can keep the core at the front of the case for best airflow.

UPDATE: Found a pic of this core, but tube placement is wrong. It runs straight up out of the core, making it parallel to the core. However, I found another one that the placement is correct. A Fedco 2-56 which is 8 x 7.75 x 2 with the ports running at a right angle out. Fits a 75-87 Econoline.

Huh, my taurus (1989 v6 SHO w/AC) core's tubes run out perpendicular, and it's 6 1/8" x 9 1/2" overall. Must be a model year difference.

Diggrr said:
Huh, my taurus (1989 v6 SHO w/AC) core's tubes run out perpendicular, and it's 6 1/8" x 9 1/2" overall. Must be a model year difference.

I was digging through the heatercore database and then later stumbled across a site that crossed Fedco numbers to GDI numbers. Cant vouch for the accuracy of the cross, but the database returned a GDI part number of 398336. It then shows drawings for the GDI core. For anyone interested, you can go here to check out this site. Found it extremely useful.

Thanks weapon, [handy link goes to bookmarks]..

I'm sure that's what my core goes to, because I bought it for the wife's car. It would fog the windshield instantly when you turned on the defrosters. So I bought it, took a look under her dash, and promptly got her some stopleak instead.
The core was on the shelf in the garage for a year before I remembered it, back when I decided to start watercooling.

Back