• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my stupid mistake with uv dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

well..here i was all set up..water and every was all good to go..i filled up the tline once again and started to move the comp..but the funnel i was using lodged out and spilled water on my video card..so a day and rubbing alcohol later it was fine thank goodness....

tonight..i redid the loop..added antifreeze and uv dye and guess what...the same funnel fell off and uvdye splattered all over my video card!!!!! so about an hr ago i started cleaning off the dye with rubbing alcohol hoping itl be fine and not taking it off the loop..

would uv dye cause a serious damage?...oh and im leaving for college tomorrow...isnt that lovely :D :bang head

Maybe next time you fill it you should put a hose clamp around the tube the the funnel neck goes into. ;) It might be a good idea to give the vid card an alcohol bath. Just soak it over night.

ya i wouod have done a hose clamp..but i didnt have one handy :D

but it works :D no crazy lines anymore..im so happy :D pics to come very soon

Back