• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dye recommendations please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Dtek or Dangerden blue dye or any other brand of blue dye? what would you guys recommend that won't harm pumps or fade or stain tubings easily. thanks.

can you guy also recommend a store where i can get good quality dye from?

I got some blue UV dye from voyeurmods.com and the 10% zerex "out-colors" it. Doesn't look too bad under UV but I definately would suggest something else.

I would like to know this too, i'm looking for red dye though.. same thing really I also want good quality..

Because when you get it, ther'll be a sludge layer sitting in the bottom of the bottle...that's the particulates settling out.

Add that to your list of questions about dyes, because you don't know unless you buy it, or find it at a local store.
And note that salesman will say anything to sell, whether they know the answer or not, they'll pretend to. :rolleyes:

A friend told me he picked up 2 bottles for around 5 bucks from his local auto store, it was UV die for radiatores to check for leaks.. I "GUESS" it would be okay since people only put the best in their cars :p :p!?!?!?!?

slaya said:
A friend told me he picked up 2 bottles for around 5 bucks from his local auto store, it was UV die for radiatores to check for leaks.. I "GUESS" it would be okay since people only put the best in their cars :p :p!?!?!?!?

Thats what i've been using for about 2 years. Works great if you like green UV. :D. Just ask at your local napa or autozone or any other parts store for radiator leak detector.

J.

juliendogg said:
Thats what i've been using for about 2 years. Works great if you like green UV. :D. Just ask at your local napa or autozone or any other parts store for radiator leak detector.

But is it green all the time? or is it the bright yellowish color?

Do you have any pics of what it looks like? I might go to Autozone and get some tommorrow.

I have tried Dangdern Blue UV Dye, Aquacomputer Blue UV Dye, Wildfire BLue UV dye, and FrozenCPU Blue UV dye. The FrozenCPU is the best.... you can tell by placing the bottles themselves next to a UV light, and the FrozenCPU dye is the only one to turn a bright green... which when diluted in water will produce a glowing blue... the others barely worked as the bottles turned pure blue... and when diluted you barely saw the UV dye unless you placed the cathod directly next to the tubing.

the best dye job ive seens is that rig with the pentosin (VW blue antifreeze) and deep blue dyelite

he had it with white CCFL's
looks very crisp, not like some of these ugly UV red tubes

Back