• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spend 15.00, lose 15 Degrees! (READ)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoD

Tired of that water wetter stench and stains on your tubing? How about a additive that DOES and WILL drop your temps up to 28 Degrees? I bought it, and using literally two ounces of it in my water/dexcool mix took me from a 33C full load to 18C load with NO other changes AT ALL.

This stuff is called "Ice Water" by Pro-Blend. It comes by the gallon and you can buy it at any Advance Auto Parts for 14.49 + tax. It doesnt have a strong sent, its CLEAR so it wont affect your coloring or stain tubing, and its perfectly safe for your pumps, blocks, and tubing.

I wouldnt tell you to spend 15 bucks if it didnt work. I saw the drop i just told you about, and a friend went from a crappy 53C load down to 41C load on his kit setup.

This is an AWSOME product and i hAvent found the downside yet. Plus there plenty left over for your car!

Very awesome. Pictures please.
Better than zerex. I'll try to see if I can get some.

What i'm still looking for is that clear, non-toxic, super performing, inert, cheap, widely available, and watercooling safe additive that doesn't exist, but this is a start.

damn, i'm about to pick me up some of that, what percentage of other addetives did you add?

No digital camera, ill try and get one.

I'm using 4 ounces of Dexcool, 2 ounces of "Ice Water", and the remainder is distilled water.

Same way water wetter does i guess? Lol dont know but damned if it doesnt!

Proof in use. I dont have a camera or id snap a pic of my digidoc screen for you. I noticed it in my work for the first time the other day and figured what the hell ill try it. glad i did.

Why stop at 28 degrees? The same company makes a product called 40 Below that's suppose to drop coolant temperature by as much as 40 degrees. It's selling on eBay for 22-25 bucks.

Now, as to whether it actually works...that's another issue entirely!

why not lose 40 degress :p
For water cooled motorcycles, drain all of the existing coolant that you can out of the system and then use 2-3 ounces of 40 Below + 2ounces of Prestone Super Anti-Rust + distilled water.

sounds like zerex

diff product

Doesnt say anywhere on there. Guess you could call the company if you really wanted to know.

336-767-1027 - techline for pro-blend

Hmm, that would be cool, but i can only testify to this stuff working in water cooled comps : )

The manufacturer is in the UK. Here's the site:

Pro-Cooling UK

Didn't come up on a search on advance auto parts website. I'd sure like to find out more about this stuff. Their website is a little thin....

Hmm...the website tells you about the products they have, but if you select any of the four choices up top (about problend, dealers, reviews, contacts) you get nothing, or at least I am......

*sniff* *sniff* I smell snake oil and a shill. *sniff*

I'm going to be very bold and say "absolute total rubbish!"

Your CPU temps have dropped to below room temperature eh?

I'm more than a little shocked that anyone at all is prepared to swallow this tripe. Has the hard work at all over the last few years from a number of individuals rubbed off onto more than the occasional person?

that doesnt seem fesable, wow i cant spell, how can it go below room temperature without doing a chemical reaction?

They come in gallons, you say?
Used 2 ounces, you say?
128 ounces per gallon, you say?

How about spreading some love to about 60 watercoolers?

I see 2 options there
* either it produces a strong endothermal chemical reaction, which would explain the sudden drop in temperature (and below room temp..). Of course in this case it would last for a few seconds, maybe 1-2 minutes max before the reaction is exhausted and everything goes up to normal temps. Besides a "strong chemical reaction" is not something one wants in a watercooling loop..
* or it's complete bull****.

Make your mind, i think i already know the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back