• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with the DangerDen RBX and DD 6800 Waterblock, how to route the tubes?? (help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funbags

Anyone with the DangerDen RBX and DD 6800 Waterblock, how to route the tubes?? (help)

Hey guys,

I am almost done with the rig finally, but when I caint figure out for the life of me how to route the two outs into the Y-connector then from there into the DD 6800 waterblock with out having the line have a bend in it that might restrict the water flow. Any tips? Tricks? Its driving me nuts!

If you have pictures and have the same / similer setup can you please post a link or attach to this message.

Thanks guys! I want to get this bad boy running tonight!

The problem is thats its such a sharp turn because the block sits above the gpu and the Y connector extends it out so then its has to take a sharper turn, this wouldnt be a issue if I didnt need the Y.. But.. Its really driving me nuts! Should I have it take a big wide turn kinda like a loop before it goes into the GPU block? Or is that a bad idea?

What kind of tubimg are you using? I think a soft tubing like tygon. primo-flex or a good silicone (softer the better and silicone is softest) would make that from what I have seen with my tygon and the bends I have made.

Maybe you could heat the tubes with hot water and try to shape them and let cool and repeat.

Also I am sure that a little extra length on the tubes from the block to the Y would help, and basicly just enough tubing to join the Y and the GPU block on the other side of the Y.

Last edited:
i have a little experience routing tubes....

take a picture of your system with the blocks installed (no tubing) and ill be able to help you

The tubing is Primoflex, I would take a pic, but I am at work right now..

But anyways, it kinks no matter which way I try to twist it. The only Real solution I can see is running like a circle with the tube, which would prevent any kinks. Now is there anything wrong with doing that.

I split the route. I have 1/2 all the way to the rbx then use 3/8 out, one to the nb and the other to the 6800. I had problems with the y-adapter as well so I just got rid of it.

Back