• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this sound???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

I am thinking of doing some water cooling and I wasnt to get a kit from dnger den.... What I am thinking of getting is the RBX waterblock, the blackice micro II radiator, eheim 1250 for 1/2" systems 7 feet of tygon tubing, dangerden 5 1/4 bay resevior, 4oz of zerex Supercoolant, and the 12 hose clamps and y and t fittings.....

Now will the BlackIce micro II Raditor be able to mount right onto my exhaust fan mounts in my XaserIII.... and that radiator should be just fine right???? any comments or suggestions feel free to tell me

i'd help but i dont know anything about any of your parts.
i hear its a good pump, but if you are doing performance WC and dont mind heavy modding, look at fitting a bonniville core in that case :)

maybe run a search for that rad and that case...i'm sure someone here has the same.

IMHO if you cant do a 120mm fan on a HC/rad then dont do water cooling.

what is the rear exhaust on the XaserIII? 92/120?

Are you against modding the case?

You might consider getting the TDX waterblock, some users have reported mounting problems with the RBX and the AXP processors.

kyleboy77 said:
Is the TDX as good as the RBX
Nope... Currently the Swifty MCW6000 (3/8") is the best block on the market followed by the MCW6002 (1/2") followed by the D-tek WW (1/2"). Also, the RBX performs worse the WW and is just a blatent rip-off of the WW.

Rest of your setup... Please get a different pump/rad. Go with a 120mm Rad, preforably a heater-core 'cause they perform VERY well and are VERY cheap. A 1986 chevette heater-core will work fine for you. I'm guessing the DD 12v pump will work for you too... I would recommend the Swifty MCP650 (Same pump as the DD. They're both Laing D4's), but I hear they don't have the muffled versions yet :(

Please stay away from DD... Especially their RBX. They stole the design!!!!

You could grab a premodded heatercore from either dtekcustoms.com or dangerden.com if you dont want to mod a heatercore.

drs499m said:
You could grab a premodded heatercore from either dtekcustoms.com or dangerden.com if you dont want to mod a heatercore.
You can make a heater-core work in 1/2" computer water-cooling loop by simply cutting the tubes off ~ 1-2" from where they exit the tanks with a hacksaw... Easy. You can mess up one rad, and buy another for the price of a single pre-mod...

kyleboy77 said:
So basicly Cyrix you are saying I should change my entire set-up?
The tygon's cool :D But yeah, I'd change the entire set-up. You'll be MUCH happier with what I pointed out then with what you had picked out, if you're willing to do a little extra work. Also, I'm really not a fan of the bay-res... They tend to leak at the seams. I did have a D-tek bay res installed for ~3months and had no problems, but I can't guarantee you the same.

::edit:: Make sure you get worm-gear hose-clamps, and that the worm-gear clamps work properly. I had the plastic clamps, one snapped, and I nearly lost a video-card due to that. I then started using the worm-gear clamps, one didn't work quite right... Look in my sig and you can see how much damage that 96cent clamp caused... :cry: :cry:

BTW, if you want complete silence, then the ehiem pump is the way to go... But that's only if you WC your PSU, Video card, and Pocessor.

I'd get the tygon and possibly the clamps if you don't want to run to the store for them from mcmaster.com. You can pick up a heatercore from a local autoparts store, if you decide to go that route. I've ordered from macmaster.com, dangerden.com and dtekcustoms.com and didn't have any problems. Also, swiftnets.com sells the Swiftech items.

kyleboy77 said:
Ok then where would you recomend that I purchase all of this stuff
Block... Dtekcustoms.com Get the White Water
rad... Local Autozone/Napa auto parts
Pump... DangerDen
Tubing... Dtek/DD
Clamps... Home Depot/Lowes

Back