• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'71 Chevy Vega Heatercore - comments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HiProfile

1971 Chevy Vega Heatercore

While I was looking for a 2-342 heatercore that was a bit more narrow (like the Bonneville core's 5.625"), I found this nice mid-size core. It looks like a good alternative to those who need a core more narrow than the chevette core but have room to spare by the tanks, or can't quite fit a bonneville core in. With a well-shaped shroud, I bet you could fit two 120mm fans on it. Otherwise, this core would be better for the high-cfm singlefan OC'ers that more area for their fan. [note I can't find fin-only dimentions on either core, just outer dimentions ]

It'll pose a bit more restriction than a chevette core due to it missing a tube/core per side, although the people who'd want more performance most likey already have high-head pump and a high-restriction WB. Cathar keeps saying that adding a small amount of extra restriction to a high-head pump setup incures a very small perf. hit, and BillA says around .0001C/W [for 1/2"-->3/8" tubing restriction increase].

Looking at my PC-60 case, I see it will also fit in the top of these cases while still giving you room for a fanbus/etc panel in the 1st & 2nd 5.25" bays.

Edit: After some searching I found the number for it: 3022606. I actually found it on a Chevy parts site for $26 with that number, which is the only way to find it on autozone.com, which has it for $30. I'll also note that this core was used to suppliment the radiator & carb's choke, thats why its bigger, and my guess it'll be all copper (GDI@autozone).

Last edited:
Back