• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is this ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey thanks if anyone else has anything to say than lets hear it...

hmmm... must have missed that post usually i look at all of them but did not see it at that time

Daewood said:
how good is this ram for overclocking my 2.8c and yes i will run it in dual channel

http://www.komusa.com/1gbkit5pc53d1.html

thanx in advance

this is very good overcloking ram and inexpensive.. as adelphia said if u do a search u will find alot of posts from people who have bought it. check out the main thread (about 8000 hits) it tells u anything u dreamed of about this ram..

sounds like that is the ram i am going to buy when the money gets here

oh and can you run the timings with speed for a while when ocing?

Daewood said:
sounds like that is the ram i am going to buy when the money gets here

oh and can you run the timings with speed for a while when ocing?

make sure u go into the pulldown box and select adata modules.. sorry i dont understand ur question about timings..

in bios settings for the timings (cas latency and ras to cas, ect.) can you run them with it set on spd? hope that helps i cant really explain it right now so ... yah...

Daewood said:
in bios settings for the timings (cas latency and ras to cas, ect.) can you run them with it set on spd? hope that helps i cant really explain it right now so ... yah...

Yes, the motherboard will detect the RAMs SPD timings (default latencies), which will allow it to run PC4200 speeds.

You may be able to adjust latencies to increase performance / fsb, but that enters you into the realm of overclocking where such speeds are not guaranteed. Using SPD timings, you should be able to hit PC4200 speeds and then some.

alright that just sealed the deal that i am going to get that ram and overclock my comp finally no crappy elixir...

Back