• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR Boosters Owners Release the Hound!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vflux

I was wondering if anyone already has any experience with it, and please let me know your first impression bout it....Any success story with your clocking as well....Post screenies as well pls if you have any.

Board I'd be using:

P4C800-E Deluxe (Droop Modded)
P4 Naky 2.6C
2x256MB Hynix 8J-D43 PC3200 Ram (Stable 3-4-4-8 at 250Mhz 2.85V)

Dont know exactly if these hynix chips likes voltages in general, I'm aiming at 260+ 1:1 action........

Regards,
VFlux

I should have mine by early next week hopefully. I am interested in seeing how much better my OCZ EB will perform with a little more voltage. My motherboard tops out at 2.88v.

Jhatfie,

Pls post some results once it arrives,,thx

Shade00,

What mobo are you using?

To be honest, my board doesn't seem to be allowing my OCZ 3500 EB to go any faster or do anything really better...

OCZ EB tends to top out with 3.0-3.1v. With my previous vdimm mod and 3.1v to my EB, the max memtest error free speed I could achieve was 258 with 3-2-2-10 timings. I could bench with it at 275 with 3-4-3-10 timings, but it would get a bunch of errors in memtest.

I'm hoping the DDR Booster and it's supposed cleaner power will allow maybe a couple more FSB with 3.0-3.1v so I can run 260 with 3-2-2-10 timings without errors. I do not feel like doing the vdimm mod on my new board.

Jhatfie,
Same here bro....i dont like soldering on tiny legs...i'll solder if i have to solder but i wont take a risk if theres any alternatives.....

I'm planning on getting 1GB of OCZ PC3700 EB that's why i want the ddr booster.

SteveOCZ said:
Guys make sure you using a fan over the EB ram to keep it cool. Doing that will let the stuff overclock to it's max!

Steve

Thx for the tip SteveOCZ, hopefully you guys fixed the issue with the Enermax Noisetaker PSU....I really want to get me one of these OCZ DDR Booster. When time comes i grab myself some OCZ EB rams....

Shade00 said:
If the board works with the Booster, you'll see positive results. My board flakes out with the Booster, so I'm selling it.

Board or the Booster????

I'm just curious as to which one you value the most, that's all. :)

I've got one. My NF7 didn't really gain anything from the booster without a vtt mod. Pretty soon I should have results with the mod.

Vflux said:
Thx for the tip SteveOCZ, hopefully you guys fixed the issue with the Enermax Noisetaker PSU....I really want to get me one of these OCZ DDR Booster. When time comes i grab myself some OCZ EB rams....

wasnt the problem with that psu the fact that it didnt support a -5v line?

hawtrawkr said:
wasnt the problem with that psu the fact that it didnt support a -5v line?

Yup, the enermax noisetakers series doesnt have -5V....it only has the +5vsb

I'll see if my GF can get me the OCZ 420W Powerstream PSU....I like the adjustable pots on back and the leds and dont have to mod the PSU, so i can get this OCZ booster to work with my machine.... :attn:

Last edited:
I've had no luck with the booster...

Motherboard, abit ai7, mem in slot 1&3, booster in slot 4..

I always get errors in memtest86 if I set the voltages with the booster, no errors when I set it with the bios ([email protected] f.ex.)

fFletchs

urbancontra said:
doesn't the booster have to be in slot 3 on the abit ai7 to work?

doesn't say that on the ocz page, I've seen some people say that but that would make the booster completely useless with the AI7 because then it covers slot 4 also and you would loose dual channel

Fletchs

I put a booster on and I didn't get any more speed out of my memory. I am running it using the 5:4 divider and have it running at 275 (before the booster) but hit the wall about 280 when I added the booster. So no real gain. What the booster did do for me was allow me to drop my timings from 2.5-3-3-6 to 2-2-2-5. This did get me some speed in benches.

I am still playing with it, but so far the booster is just not worth the money if you can solder. If you want a volt mod and cannot solder or would need to buy all of the equipment to make the soldered connection, then it is a nice to have item.

I have it.
it's a great item.
works wonders for my Asus P4P800, but sucks like hell for my IC7.

boards that need VTT mods to get Vdimm mods, will still need Vtt mods to use the Vdimm booster, but boards like the Asus P4C800 will work perfect with it, cause that board needs no Vtt mods or anything, so the Vdimm will go as high as you need it too.

on a side note-
this is gonna sound really dumb, but I was amazed to see that item is actually on Newegg. I guess I figured it would be such a low key, obscure overclockers tool that it just wouldn't be at newegg.
to see it there, really suprised me. thats kinda cool.
unfortunatly, theres still tons of people that buy things without listening to any advice. you can show the OCZ compatiblity list and they will see thier board on the "not compatible" list, and still buy it, hoping it worked.
I see that about every other day on various forums.

Back