• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Didn't know it, but my Geil Ultra Platinum rocks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhatfie

I've had this Geil dual channel kit of Ultra Platinum PC3500 for about a year and a half. I has been a stable performer in my Epox 8RDA+, but since the motherboard topped out at 210FSB even with the vdd mod I was never able to really see what this ram would do.

I have since retired the 8RDA+ and moved my A64 3000+ to backup duties, thus aquiring the Geil in the transition. So I decided to fool with it since I know this 3000+ will do 2.5ghz. I am not sure what chips Geil used with these modules (I am pretty sure the recent Ultra Platinums do not use the same IC's any more), but they love my A64 setup. Currently memtest error free at 243fsb with 2.5-3-2-10 timings @ 2.9v and they will post at 250 with the same timings and voltage. I bet with more voltage they would do 250 error free. Pretty impressive for some old ram I think. And to think I was almost ready to sell them to try something new.

Not sure, I'll have to give it a try, but if I remember right the best it would do is 2-3-2 timings....although I know it will do 2-3-2 at 230fsb memtest error free at 2.9v. Pretty decent. I think I bought this stuff for $105 way back when at Newegg.

Back