• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need Vdimm Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elchulo

Registered
Here are my system Specs right at this moment:
INTEL P4 2.8C @ 3.5GHZ
ASUS P4C800-E DLX
2x512MB OCZ Gold Edition Rev2 Dual Channel DDR500-PC4000
Memory Timings At This Moment:1:1 2.5-4-4-8

I have tried to go above 3.5ghz and I failed. I get blue screen and computer shuts down can someone tell me if I do the Vdimm Mod to increase ram voltage from current 2.85v to anything higher will i be able to oc anything higher than 3.5ghz and be stable?

This is the memory I bought already
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-845&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE

Last edited:
first u have to test the cpu capability. so run ur memory at 3/2 and see how far the cpu will go. if u have more headroom with ur cpu u may want to try a vdimm mod. seems likemost of the newer chips max out at about 2.9/3.0 vdimm

I tried what flapperhead said and I was able to reach 3.6ghz but not stable if i run a couple of processes I would get blue screen and pc shuts down. Should I still do Vdimm mod on my system?

Back