• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you flush/clean a Koolance EXOS-Al system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvanosta

I've had my Koolance Exos-Al for 6 months, with 3 waterblocks installed.

The liquid had gone from light green to black.

I'd like to clean the system out, completely flush the liquid and replace it with fresh liquid.

When I remove the Exos and turn it upside down, not all the liquid comes out. I have filled it with distilled water several times and turned it upside down again, but there is still an amount of black gunk that won't evacuate.

And all my tubes are still full of the original black liquid.

Any ideas on how to flush this system out completely? The manual is no help.

Thanks.
Abit IC7 G - BIOS 24
2x512 MB OCZ 4000EL gold, 1:1, 2.5-7-4-4
5 x 120GB Western Dig hard drives
ATI X800 pro watercooled / Cat 4.7beta@ 555/1070
Sony 4X DVD-r
TDK Velocd 48x24x48 CDRW
onboard sound
onboard NIC
Win XP Pro / SP1

The liquid had gone from light green to black.
:eek:
You might try to hook up the cooling loop whilst the computer is turned off and flash it with a water/ ethanol mixture, that way you can get rid of the black gunk. Suppose you fill a bucket with this solution and make it part of the loop and let it circulate several loops. The reservoir is kinda hard to clean because any harsh solvent might mess up with the acrylic material....

That's what I would like to do, but the Koolance system has quickconnects, so if I unhook one of the tubes from the koolance, the valve closes.

Back