• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water wetter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionzbelt1

I have just got some water wetter today through the post and its a 50ml bottle can anyone tell me how much i should add per litre of disstiled water

i add like 25%.... you really need water wetter... when I didnt use it the first time, i got some NASTY water... it turned like brown and green and yello and had some weird **** in it like alge and bacteria and fungus lol... so yeah make sure u use water wetter :)

I can't find where I read the info right now (2 minute search and nothing. :() but I read somewhere quite a while back that a very small amount of Water Wetter works best: 3 to 5%.

I try to run right in that area although precision measurements are not my strong suit. ;)
I also periodically add a small amount as well: every few months (more in hot weather) I need to add some distilled water to my systems...a little WW is also added to replenish the beneficial properties.

I have experimented with adding more, but the main result I got was increased fomaing and higher temps.

I think a little goes a long way.

i personally would not recommend water wetter. i perfer just antifreeze. it stops bacterial growth, corrosion, can get it colorless, and it is cheap. i have also found antifreeze to not effect your temps as much as water wetter which is a good thing

yeah I would use some antifreeze. if you use too much water wetter it tends to cause ridiculous amounts of foaming and then you have to flush your system

well first off the is 10 parts water to 1 part waterwetter/antifreeze or 10% antifreeze/waterwetter. as for my tests i filled my system with 10% waterwetter, ran 2 things of folding for 3 hours, then turned of the system and let it sit for a day, keeping the thermostate in the house the same. on the second day a drained the system and filled it with 10% or vavoline antifreeze, ran 2 things of folding for 3 hours and got temps 1 - 2c lower then the water wetter. simple as that

My informal, inaccurate and truly bad testing methods actually agree with the results posted by The_Dark_Hacker for the same approximate percentages.

But as I said before, I think a little bit of Water Wetter goes a LONG way.
Too much Water Wetter, just like too much antifreeze, will make temps worse: distilled water ALONE is better for pure performance than it is when mixed with additives.

About 10% Water Wetter does get me higher temps.

My approximate mix when a system is new (or being completely drained and refilled) is about 90% distilled water, 7% antifreeze and 3% water wetter.

This seems to get me temps about the same as straight distilled water, while using 10% antifreeze seems to generally be around 1c higher (using highly INACCURATE mobo sensors.)

My bad testing leads me to believe that the slight worsening of the performance of the antifreeze can be almost compensated for with a SMALL amount of Water Wetter.

I need to get a few minutes where I can do some sticky/google searching for info on this, because as I recall, others who are really better at the scientific stuff involved in this hobby are the ones who lead me to this belief in the first place. ;)

NOTE- I am aware that my testing methods are not good and that the sensors I use are about as accurate as guessing the number of gumballs in a box :D, but I have seen similar results in every system I screwed around with additives in, every time. :)

Finally did some searching. :)
r0ckstarbob said:
waterwetter is good stuff. it will also coat the inside of your system preventing corrosion and bacterial growth, but not with glycol. i had some questions so emailed them. from the word of the manufacturer, using it in a watercooled system like we're using, 3% will be the ideal ratio when used with either distilled or de-ionized water.

From an old thread here.

Back