• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Addtronics 7896A Need Sugestions for the position for the dual heatcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilBum

"It's a dual heatercore from dangerden"
"I will use a dremel to modify the case"

I want to put the dual heatcore in a vertical position in the front inside the case with the fans blowing cool air from the front.The fans will be attached to the heatcore.

I will remove or change the location of the speaker.

M friend says the it's best to put the heatcore on the top instead in a horisontal position.

Becuse the air will be heated from hot water in the heatcore if i have it in the front.

Any sugestion how i should do

(Sorry for my bad english)

7896.gif

IMO a case with room above the PSU looks best with the heatercore up top. you loose all your hard drive bays with it up front, as an added incentive.

either way I'd want the fans exausting air, not as intake.

Welcome the the forums. I have the case, and if you don't use the drive cage in the lower part of the case you should be able to fit a dual heatercore in the vertical position.

As far as you friend saying that the best position is on top of the case horizontally, he is completely wrong. In fact that is the worse position to place a radiator. Hot air rises so all the hot air in your case will be cooling your radiator. If you place it in the front then you will be pulling in fresh cold air. Sure it will probably warm up the air being sucked into the case, but not by a lot, and of more importance is cooling the water since it is what is cooling your hottest components.

Also when air bubbles in a water cooling system tend to rise to the highest point of the system. With your radiator on the top of the case it will make it harder to bleed the system.

I would only put my radiator on the top of the case if you don't have any other space to place it in. Otherwise stick with your original plan of placing it in the front of the case.

That area above the PSU is where I would put a HC, just find one that is the biggest you can get back there.

Dont worry about the heat from the heatercore, you should only see a couple degree increase in case temps from it.

Back