• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C-systems 12V pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

should i get this pump? people said the via aqua 1300 is noisy and gives off alot of heat. And people told me that the mag 3 doesnt have barbs, but they said the C-systems 12V pump comes with barbs and everything.

I just want it as simple as i can get so is that a good pump? (i also heard that the mag3 has some slight leak problems and i dont want that)

also how long does bleeding/filling normally take with a t line? If its more than a day then screw it im gettin a reservoir from dangerden lol

One thing to take into consideration... which is primarily why I hesitate to jump on the C-Systems bandwagon, is that longevity issues with it simply have had an insufficient amount of time to work themselves out. The first six months of the Mag 3's and Via 1300's reviews must have been flawless, but then.... oh dear.

I'm not too keen on the whole anodized aluminum housing thing.
If it was designed for PC watercooling from the ground up as they claim, why did they go with aluminum construction?

I'd raise the usual ratio of corrosion inhibitor additives for this pump. Maybe it would be enough to reduce large scale corrosion over time, maybe not.
But if you already have anodized aluminum tops on your waterblocks(and we've seen how well that works in the long run), I guess it couldn't get any worse, really.

Last edited:
Also remember that the C-Systems pump has about the same performance as a Pondmaster 1.5. That's 3 models below the Mag 3. Its performance doesn't come anywhere near a Mag 3. You'd need to connect two in series to get near the performance of the Mag 3. At that point, you might as well get a Laing D4. It's cheaper and better than two C-Systems pumps.

yes, if all you require is amount of water that can be pushed through your system, but if your like me looking to build a new WC system using an impingment type system, you need more head pressure, to force water through as fast, then just large amounts of water.
This 12V is great as its price is nice for a 2 unit design in series.

so do you mean if ill be using a tline or reservoir? itll be good with the tline but the reservoir wouldnt work too good?

How long (in hours) does it take approximatly to fill/bleed the system?

this pump comes with the barbs right?

man that thing is tiny hehe

Do i have to do alot of work to the mag3 to keep it from leaking?

And is the via aqua realy loud and does it have high temperatures??????

What pump is the most reliable and doesnt take much work and maintenance to keep it from leaks and all that?

bump.. im in teh same boat as you.. building my wc system and debating what pump to go with..

im doing 2 of those c-systems pumps in series.
as cathar has said, impingment type waterblocks need strong head pressure, with 2 of these pumps in series I will be getting that.

hmmm i dunno which to get

via aqua 1300 since its cheap

mag 3 (its good but i dont want the trouble with leaks)

Cystems 12v pump since its affordable and its better then the aqua 1300?

please answer does the csystems pump come with barbs or not?

so i would screw the barbs into the holes right?

ok im probly going to get either this or the via aqua since i doubt ill have enough money for a mag 3 or a good pump like the eheim or whatever

should i just get the hydor L25 pump or whatever? its only 35-40 dollars iS It better?

If you guys can leave your pumps on 24/7, then you can consider teh a/c pumps..

reason Im towards the csp750 is becuase its dc and runs off a molex plug, so its not on when the computer is off..

it doesnt matter i could run it 24/7. Even if i get the ac ones and i want it off when the computer is off i just connect it to my lil switch box thing (has master, monitor, printer, axi 1 and Aux 2 Ports) and i just plug it in. I always turn off my switch box when i shut down my pc SO No problem there

the thing is.. ac pumps were made to be on for 24/7... turning it off and on may cut down its life.. or so I think..

I have gone through 3 Via 1300s this year. Admittebly I am breaking all the manufacturere rules. I run it inline rather than submerged and I mod the impeller (basically super glue it to the shaft) to make it almost silent. When this 3rd one dies I will most likely get the Laing D4 12v pump.

My recommendation would be to buy a decent pump from the start. A better pump costs more, but can save you a lot of headaches in system maintenance. Take it from me, rebuilding due to a dead pump costs time and money.

Back