• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance or DangerDen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swatdog

Hey,
I've decided to go with W/C for my new system. I was looking for a WC system and I came across the Koolance PC2-650BK. As you can see it comes with everything (liquid, extra tubing, etc) except the blocks. The reason why I chose this was for the price and what you get out of it. Me being not one rolling in cash, I needed something like this.

My question to you is: Which blocks should I go with? The Koolance CPU-300-H06 WB and the DangerDen TDX Athlon 64 WB are around the same price. What I want is more performance for my money. If I get the Koolance, I will need to buy an adaptor for my A64 CPU for it to fit on (more money). If I go with the TDX I won't have to.

Thanks in advance,
Swatdog

Last edited:
Go to criticool and assemble a real kit. Koolance is like a kia cheap and cheap.

CPU Block RBX AMD Lucite top $ 41.00
GPU Block Maze4 Black $ 38.00
Fans Sunon Fan x2 $ 16.00
Pumps Eheim 1250 $ 58.00
7ft 1/2" tube $10
10 hose clamps $4.00
T $1
autozone 2-342 heater core $ 26.00

$194 and you have a "mercedes" for CPU and graphics card.

One of the reasons I wanted that was because of the case as well...

Thanks for your suggestions though man, much appreciated.

Swatdog, several months ago, I was going to get the same case since I wanted to go into wc. I spent time here reading, learning and finally decided on a DIY system instead. I'm quite happy with my decision and my system has great performance as well as significant reduction of noise.

Nothing actually wrong with the Koolance that I know of, its just that most of us here stress the PERFORMANCE part of water cooling in one way or another.

Performance being measured ultimately in one of two ways:
Silence
Low temps.

Koolance products fall short in either of those categories when compared to doing it yourself.
I won't necessarily say that they fall FAR short- but for the money you can definitely get a quieter system and/or lower temps.

On the other hand- Koolance stuff does make it easy to water cool- you get a fancy, pre-modded case, adequate but not stellar cooling and a system that is anywhere from pretty quiet (low settings) to mildly noisy (high settings.)

I do have a Koolance Exos that I bought used, although I don't have a Koolance case....
The Exos does the job, but out of 5 water cooled systems I have, it is definitely the lowest performance system.

Back