• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's my setup looking? Am I ready to order everything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

Here's what I got so far. I origianlly was going with the Tsunami case, but changed my mind and bought the V1000b. Not sure, which case I will like better, but the v1000b has more potential. Here's my setup so far:

Mag 3 Pump
Swiftwech MCW6002 (AMD 64) cpu block
Swiftech MCW50 (6800gt) gpu block
10ft of Clearflex 1/2" tubing
86 Chevette Heater core (this thing is ugly, may paint it or buy something else to replace it, don't want to ruin the look of the case and the overall look I'm shooting for)
*I may go dual 120mm HC or radiator, because I could cut off the space needed on the top of the case... not sure if it would/will be needed for my setup)
I will go with a T-line for now.
Water wetter
UV dye
Distilled Water

What am I missing if anything? Clamps, more fittings? I want to order everything now, so I won't have any problems later this week.

Jbroad572 said:
Here's what I got so far. I origianlly was going with the Tsunami case, but changed my mind and bought the V1000b. Not sure, which case I will like better, but the v1000b has more potential. Here's my setup so far:

Mag 3 Pump
Swiftwech MCW6002 (AMD 64) cpu block
Swiftech MCW50 (6800gt) gpu block
10ft of Clearflex 1/2" tubing
86 Chevette Heater core (this thing is ugly, may paint it or buy something else to replace it, don't want to ruin the look of the case and the overall look I'm shooting for)
*I may go dual 120mm HC or radiator, because I could cut off the space needed on the top of the case... not sure if it would/will be needed for my setup)
I will go with a T-line for now.
Water wetter
UV dye
Distilled Water

What am I missing if anything? Clamps, more fittings? I want to order everything now, so I won't have any problems later this week.

Clamps, some sort of T-line stopper, shroud for rad - are the only things I see missing. Good luck finding the 6002-64 in stock anywhere too, those are some elusive waterblocks. I'd go with a 12v pump too, but that's just me.

12v pump sucks power from your PSU that could go elsewhere, IMO. I have a Mag 3 and it's a great pump.

DON'T KNOCK IT! :p

Kilyin said:
Clamps, some sort of T-line stopper, shroud for rad - are the only things I see missing. Good luck finding the 6002-64 in stock anywhere too, those are some elusive waterblocks. I'd go with a 12v pump too, but that's just me.
It's on backorder directly from swiftech :( I was considering the 650 pump, but it's $80 <shaking head> I'm already over my budget with the computer setup, just have a few nickles and dimes for the rest.

mag 3 is best to go with a t-resevior

dscn0631.jpg

dscn0635.jpg

I'd advise against using Water Wetter. It stains clearflex in a hurry, which will significantly reduce the "pretiness" of your UV dye, not to mention it smells god-awful. You'd be better off with a 5-10% mix of antifreeze if there will be any aluminum in your loop. If you're running a pure copper loop you can forgo the antifreeze entirely and just use some bacteriostat to keep the water from growing. If you decide to go with a double HC, I'd recommend the Fedco 2-342: single pass, widely available locally (in the US, anyway), and cheap :). Need to cut off a couple long pipes, but any Dremel or hacksaw will do the job nicely.

if you want to have pump turn on/off with your computer and want to purchase a Mag 3, you will need to put a relay on your shopping list. Personally, if you have a known brand psu with decent power, I would get a swiftech 650 or DD D4. I understand those pumps use as much power as a harddrive but I have no proof of that.

Edit: if you buy a relay, think about the cost of mag3+ relay. Might as well get swifty 650 pump !

Edit: if you buy a relay, think about the cost of mag3+ relay. Might as well get swifty 650 pump !
Plug the Mag 3 into your power strip. Much easier than a relay. Pumps are supposed to be run 24/7 anyway - it's harder on them to keep turning on and off than it is to just stay on.

Geeze, why does everyone hate 120v pumps these days? :confused:

Whats wet water do? Personally I'd look into a different pump if noise is a concern Mag = noise. And I would get a larger heater core. Meh..you did'nt say what case you have nor your goals so it's difficult to judge.

BeerHunter said:
Meh..you did'nt say what case you have nor your goals so it's difficult to judge.

I origianlly was going with the Tsunami case, but changed my mind and bought the V1000b. Not sure, which case I will like better, but the v1000b has more potential.
:)

Jbroad572 said:
I ordered the Dtek Pro 120 tonight in black. I think I picked up the wrong heater core from Oreilly auto parts since the barbs were diff than the pictures I had seen. I was considering a dual heater core and cutting the top of the case, but I will experiment with this setup first and if I feel I need it then I will upgrade and mod :clap:.

Yea, I'm thinking about another pump. I found a 1 week used MCP6000 pump (rev. 2), for $60. Not sure if I should go for that or not, but I guess it would be better than the mag 3?

Back