• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[pics] My watercooled project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rewind_rob

i made my system and had it running but it was sort of rushed. when i tired to put on the northbridge block it leaked a bit. no damage was done but i tore the whole thing apart and changed some things and used air cooling for the time being. i am putting it back together and changed the tubing i was using and am going to mod a maze 4 to go on my XFX 6800 GT

i figured i'd post some pics of my progress and get input from you guys.

MVC-007F.jpg

I used a clear tubing. it was half inch. it was so hard to work with. when i was putting the half inch tubing on the northbridge it would of kinked. working with that turbing was so bad and had me so upset at times. i chose to use fuel line that i got at auto zone. its 3/8s so fits snug over my 1/2 barbs and when i was messing with it was SOOO easy to work with.

a pic of my work area and the case. haha i am a slob i know but a lot of this stuff is not mine.

MVC-009F.jpg

;) input welcome but be kind i am a noob yet.

I would go back to clear tubing.Get tygon or the reinforcing wrap fro the tubing OR make it a tad longer and route it so it does not kink...The black 3/8 looks real bad and Restricts flow a lot.

i think it gives it a tough industrial look. also i have yet to see tygon tubing in my budget. i think i saw it on danger den for 10 feet for 11 bucks or something like that but FORGET THAT. the 1/2 i was using was VERY strong. i took a bad hunk off with plyers and it didnt damage the tube also it was 54 cents a foot

heh i have the same case and rad arrangement, those fuel hoses dont look too hot, if you want cheap clear tubing that's pretty easy to work with and wont restrict, get some Clearflex 60.

i still cant see spening 12 bux for hose. also this case has no window so who will see the tubing if you guys say its not so good looking? also i got this block becsaue i wanted a 3 barb design. i didnt want the swifttech

what i am scared to ask is if it would really effect my temps that much.

Back