• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheece2001

What water cooling coolant should i use for my new water cooling system. I want the water to be blue in color. I don't know what to use.

well obviously water (distilled) should be the base, but for additives, generally people use stuff like watterwetter, but you want it blue. i hear VW anitfreeze is blue, check that out

do not get water wetter. it sucks. just go and get some clear antifreeze and then add some dye. the difference between water wetter and antifreeze 1 -2c less with antifreeze.

If you want blue, the bar has been set with 10% pentosin (VW blue antifreeze) 90% dist. water and a bit of Deep Blue Dyelite. If your rig is all copper, or if corrosion is not a concern, then you could go with 5% and get slightly better temps.

You can find more complete howto elsewhere, but the basic idea is that you rig up a test loop OUTSIDE and AWAY from components. You do the perfunctory towel dye, leak testing and stability testing, when you have done all that with a setup full of distilled water only, you empty out the entire contents into a large vessel with measurements. Personally... I use those largest of pyrex kitchen bowls with the 4 quart measurements. Once you do that you know how much total water your rig holds and you can remove 10 or 5% of it and add the 10 or 5% additive and refill. This may not be the best method, but its how I do it.

Good luck,
Jack :cool:

Back