• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can I get my processor? (With liquid cooled setup)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiliandcheese

Hey,

I was wondering, I have a:
AMD XP 3200+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB)
ANUS A7N8X ATX Motherboard
1GB of DDR-SDRAM PC3200

How high can I get my processor on a $250.00 budget. I am looking at several kits, what do you recommend?

Thank you!

no kits build your own. You can get a killer kit for 250$. How high you can get the 3200+ depends if it is unlocked or not. Maybe 2.4 on water.

Welcome to The Forums

its currently running 2.2 GHZ at 1.65V-Core....

Do you have any good links for a nice kit?

Thanks for all the help!

build your own, buy individual parts, dont buy a custom kit. If your going to buy a kit (which you shouldnt), I think the D-tek one is kinda nice, as long as you get the White Water. Still though, your own stuff would be cheaper and/or better.

chiliandcheese said:
its currently running 2.2 GHZ at 1.65V-Core....

Do you have any good links for a nice kit?

Thanks for all the help!
I know this is a threadjack, but the mobo you are currentally using, is ill suited for this.

First off you are liimted to 1.85v (easily handeled on air), secondally your mobo does poorly with high FSB speed.

My suggestion would be to buy a good A64. That would help you a whole lot better, than per say water cooling

Going watercooling doesn't mean a higher OC. WHat it does mean is lower temps and a faster drop in temps from load to idle. Also not as much noise as there is with air cooling.

Back