• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink/Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
Well, I was looking at my old heatsink from my Valcanoe 11+ Xaser Ed... its all copper. I was thinking about turning it into a water block but keeping the fins on and just soldering on other peices of coper over the fins. Do you think this would conduct heat to the water better than having no fins and just the copper base? Of course all other issues like corrosion ect. will be taken into consideration.

If you are looking for a low cost waterblock for your first system, I'd advise buying one used from the classifieds or possibly ebay (be careful). You can spend alot of time trying to save a little money. I've seen older-model decent blocks go for $20 in the classifieds.

If you are just experimenting, you know it's a hobby thing so have fun!

Its been done many times if you look at the overclockers.com. They always did good but I havent seen one on one of the newer chips that pump out tons of heat.

Back