• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

Hey I just got a chevette heatercore and it was used previously by some1 here at the forums. I looked inside it and it was kinda bumpy, and it just got me thinking that maybe it was somewhat corroded on the inside. Is there anything i can do that can clean it up, at least a little bit?

run white vineager through it if it's copper, that will eat the corrosion away in minutes :) but be sure to flush with distilled water afterwards (NOT TAP WATER, that will just corrode it again)

aite thanks man, but i think parts of the chevette are aluminium, any tips for that?

what year chevette is this from? i have never seen a chevette core that had aluminum anywhere on it (although that is in no way to say that the existence of such a thing is not entirely possible).

well i believe the fins are aluminum, im not sure though, they look aluminum...

I think you may be confused about the nature of copper cores. This is an all-copper core, yet it has parts of it that dont look like copper. These elements of the core are not included as water contact surfaces and will not bring up differing metal corrosion issues.

If you have a different animal, then let investigate him.

:cool:

Here's the only pic I have of the core that I sold you wfarid. I hope there is no corrosion in it. It was run in an all-copper system. The core is copper and maybe some brass, but no aluminum- I made sure of that before I ordered it from Napa Online. The soldered areas may look like aluminum but they aren't. It is very important to me that you are satisfied with the deal so if you have any problems please let me know. YHPM.

inside.jpg

Back