• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SHould i get this for my t line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Should i get this filport thing for my tline for whenever i get my w/c?

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/fillport.htm

it looks nice but i dunno if i am good enough to cut a hole in my case (dont really wanna take the parts out) cuz i started cutting some plastic today and it was hard to get nice cuts, same when i tried with a metal thing that was in my 5.25 inch bays

any ways heres a pic of what it looks like

http://www.dangerden.com/images/misc_hardware/fillport/incase2_lg.jpg

what else could i use as the cap for the tline?

i really planned to get one for my rig but i just noticed it was 12 dollars
jesus... dangerden really highly values their little caps
hardware store here i come

I used some 3/4" ID 1" OD tubing for my T-line, and then used a plastic threaded end piece. It made the end just like a hose, and I then put a plastic hose cap on it. The parts are in the sprinkler area of the hardware store. The best part about a huge 3/4" T-line is that it stores as much water as most 3.5" resevoirs.

what tubing is your 3/4"? does tygon make tubing of that large a gauge?
may need to do a little "updating" ;)

Hate to say it but I did buy one of these. What do I think of it you ask? Well personally I like it a lot better than my previous hardware made t-line cap. My hardware made one leaked unless I put that white plumbing tape stuff on it. PLus Im a sucker for things that look good.

ya that one doesnt look half as awsome as the dd one, but its alot cheaper

Do you put that one at the top of the case like the dd one?

if i got it I'd probably leave it on the inside securely zip tied to an upper rung on the optical drive cage, that roof mount is... overkill and would be annoying for flexibility's sake

i think it would look nice right in between the video card and the hard drive rack, but it would be a long tube from top to bottom

but it would be so much easier to fill the case since you wont have to open it up

T line Cap

I got this one over a CoolTechnica for like $3.50 since I already had a waterblock and some clearflex 60 coming from them. You might check it out.

does the dd one come with tubing?

where do you put the tubing on the 3.50 one? the skinny part or the bigger part?

Tubing would go on the skinny part.
But if all you want is something like that go to home depot in the plumbing department they have stuff like that. and it would be like 1.50 plus tax and no sihpping.

Back