• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flushed, and rerouted my cooling system (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Annoyingrob

Today I decided to clean up my cooling system a little, as it had things growing in it, and the hoses stuck out preventing the side of the case from closing.

Here's the before picture. Note the poor direction on the T fitting
WC1_med.JPG

Here's the after photo
CoolingSystem.JPG

Nothing too special, but works great. Next step will probably be some UV dye.

Edit: It's hard to see where the hoses go. After the T fitting, the hose runs to the radiator beside the mobo, then out, loops around, and into the pump.

Annoyingrob said:
heh, I was thinking something on the lines of "Oh boy, let's get this together!" It actually performed about as well as it did now, but looked hella-ugly.

It still looks hella-ugly :) :)

Maybe, but I do think it looks better than it did before. You want to talk about things being ugly? Did you notice the aligator clip on the motherboard? :p Now that's ugly.

You appear to have a bit of strain on the upper outlet of your WB, so you might want to get a slightly longer piece for that part.

EDIT: Or you can shorten the lower piece.

Last edited:
/\/\/\

What he said. It looks nice. I played with mine this weekend too, but I am without a digicam.

That makes me a sad, sad panda.

Seeing the red coolant/coloring in the water made me think about an idea my friend and I were cooking up. He's a biomedical engineer working on artifical hearts. How sweet would it be to have a HEART pumping your system, and the tubes be the arteries and veins. They are the most reliable pumps (hey, gotta run for atleast 60-80 years constant!) and they'd make a cool squishing/pumping noise. I figured if they can pump 7 gallons of blood in a minute it'll push atleast 400 GPH. And if you overclock, just set them to pump faster... aerobic exercise for your computer!

Back