• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What rad can fit 3x120mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

I have seen a few people here have rads that fit 3 120mm fans. Does anyone know what the name of these rads are? And where can I get one? ie from a store or from a certain car model

Thx

Edit:
Sorry Wrong section. Can someone move this to the WC section.
THx

whoever said:
yeah but that is so not worht $120, It would be better to buy a heater core from dtek and then a silver tdx.
For the record, a silver TDX will yeild almost zero improvement over the copper verison. The larger rad however, would be a significant improvement over a D-Tek core.

I am confused...So this is not a heatcore from a car but a rad built specifically for WC computers? or is this just a modded heatcore from a car or truck?

Dam, I guess there is no cheap way around this then. Gotta fork out the money for a new rad then.

Thx all for you replies

If space isn't too much of a concern, get two Fedco 2-342 heater cores. They should outperfom a single rad with three 120's and a pair of 2-342's will only cost you abou $40 with much less restriction.

Why not just use two heatercores and make it 4 120mm fans? It could be done for half the price of the 3x120 rad and you'd get better performance.

why not just spot braze and seam solder two 77 b'ville cores together and bolt four 120s on each side?
monstercore1.jpg

:)

I'll answer my own question --
Q: why not just spot braze and seam solder two 77 b'ville cores together and bolt four 120s on each side?
A: $40 worth of cores, $20 worth of high quality silver solder, $10 worth of gas for the torch, $10 of flux and 2 days worth of muttering profanity while trying to realign and properly seal everything. :bang head

other than that, it was no biggie. :)

I would have just hooked them up side by side, personally. I might do it anyway just so I can undervolt my fans and run super quiet.

Back