• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A MCP600 shouldn't have a problem with this....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

Chevette Heater core
MCW6002 cpu block
MCW50
1/2" tubing

Will eventually upgrade to a dual 120mm setup.
Should I have pretty good temps? If this pump is not powerful enough, would the MCP650 be better suited? I know the 600 is quiter, but they do perform about the same, from what I'm understanding.

no one can guarantee you will get good temps since it has to do with lots of other factors. What I can say is I doubt you will see any noticable difference in performance between mcp650 and mcp600. If you can get the mcp600 for cheap instead of paying $79 for new mcp650, then go for it.

Nartac, the MCP-600 is probably much quieter than the Liang D4 aka MCP-650 and is still sold under the Aqua Extreme brand at cooltechnica.com and D-tek for about the same price as an MCP-650 ($80).

I'm not sure why swiftech changed from the MCP-600. It is a good 12V DC pump (with specs not that much different than the MCP-650) if you value a quiet system. By quiet, I mean you aren't sure if the computer is on when 4 feet away from the case.

nikhsub1 said:
4 Letters... MTBF which means Mean Time Between Failures.
I know MTBF; usually it's just guestimating it for a future project, though.
I didn't know the rev.2 pumps had problems. I knew some of the original ones did.

I can't justify a pump upgrade with an L30 that's quiet and an Eheim 1250 that evidently is worth more to me than potential buyers; I'll probably end up keeping it also. I like quiet pumps.

nikhsub1 said:
4 Letters... MTBF which means Mean Time Between Failures.
Yea, I thought the problems were resolved with the revision 2's. Am I mistaken?

gungeek, do you own a Liang D4? I have one and I can't hear that thing over my undervolted 120mm Sanyo Denki's at 7v. Even when the fans are off, I have to be less than 1 foot with case open to hear a slight humm.

nartac said:
gungeek, do you own a Liang D4? I have one and I can't hear that thing over my undervolted 120mm Sanyo Denki's at 7v. Even when the fans are off, I have to be less than 1 foot with case open to hear a slight humm.

I do not own either the MCP600 or MCP650. I have an L30 and Eheim 1250, both are good, quiet pumps just a bit on the large side. I have heard an MCP650 in person and it had a high-pitch hum (at 12V) that would bother me. It was in a well bled system sitting on a sponge and the sound was coming from the pump itself. It wasn't pump vibration causing something else to resonate.

Also, Kosmic helped with my opinion on MCP600s and MCP650s. Do a search on his postings about these pumps. He

Back