• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zerex, water and some Hydrx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntrsfrml

Registered
hi all, i'm using zerex : Distilled water in 1:20 ratio in my setup.. i wanna add something which will make my water glow under UV light.. Hydrx from Swiftech is pretty cheap and available everywhere here.. do you think i can i can add of it to my mixture? are there any histories of Hydrx messing up with whole setup/Temps?? :confused:

how much i should add so that can produce a nice UV glow effect? :)

many thanks!

HydriX is a growth/corrosion prohibitor and plays the same role in a loop as your zerex.
That said, I dont know about any UV reactive properties of HydriX, I dont have a blacklight.....
Rather than adding two growth/corrosion prohibitors, just get some UV water Dye. I believ Dtek sells some.
Another cheapo way to make your water react is with highlighter fluid, although that route may have unforseen tube discoloration problems.

SenC.

Get the Hydrx. If you want green, it's the way to go because it's the only color it comes in. Not only is it a corrosion/growth inhibitor, but it is UV reactive and it will not stain your tubing or leave any deposits in your waterblocks or pump. Too many UV dyes are particulate based and will build up, especially inside your pump, highlighter fluid included (it's particulate based).

Back