• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Noob to water cooling, but I've been planning this for a while now.

Pump: Dangerden DD12V-D4 or the swiftech version of it.
Radiator: That double heatcore with shrouds on both sides from Dangerden
Fans: 4x 120mm TT thunderblade or some 120mm Panaflo M1As
Fan controller: Cooler master Aerogate II
Case: Probably going with Coolermaster Stacker as I am lazy.
CPU block: Waiting for whenever cathar's new blocks come out, the silver version if he makes it.
GPU block: Dangerden 6800 block or hopefully silverprop makes some new blocks for the 6800's as I like their looks.
NB block: mostly likely none.
Tubing: Up for suggestions (clearflex and tygon is the one being suggested by all so far so it looks like they're it)
Reservoir: Going for a round type
Fluid: Debating whether Fluid XP is worth it.
Powersupply: Currently have a Enermax 460W, might need to upgrade to an OCZ 520W.

I'm open to all suggestion and thanks for the help in advance :)

Last edited:
Tubing: Up for suggestions

Tygon, Clearflex

Reservoir: Going for a round type

Go T-Line, less tubing to run, and still easy to bleed

Fluid: Debating whether Fluid XP is worth it.

90% distilled 10%antifreeze, fluidxp is not worth it IMO

Powersupply: Currently have a Enermax 460W

Should be plenty

do a search or read around and you will find all your answers

Alacritan said:
I recommend these fans instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26216&item=3838638637&rd=1

Better quality than any other fan you will ever own.

those are the same SanAce fans I use on 90%++ of my heatercores - :thup:

tubing - definitely clearflex60 or tygon.

the pump you have is a good choice but so is an iwaki as mentioned above - if you don't want to screw around with wiring an Iwaki to turn on and off with your system, then go with the one from DD.

if this is your 1st H2O system, go with a reservoir to save a couple of headaches -- still, the new fill ports from danger den are cool and make a t-line a more tempting suggestion:
http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/fillport.htm

your power supply is good to go as is...

The Iwaki is nice but it is a harder to find and a lil more work. I also think it's pretty big. Looks like I will go with the tubing you guy's suggested.

one more suggestion - use different shrouds or build your own if you want to get the most out of that core - IMHO, the DD shroud does not have enough standoff between the fins and the fans.

sixshot666 said:

a nice idea - but by mounting the fan on the inside of the container, it totally zapped the amount of standoff between the fins and the fans...from the pics, it looks like there is no more than 1/4" - 1/2" standoff. For 120mm fans, about 1" of standoff is the minimum with 2" being closer to getting the absolute max air (but a 2" shroud + a 38mm thick fan eats up a lot of space and a 1" standoff still gets heavy air improvement over anything less than 1").

Re: Cathar's new Storm blocks: he's currently shooting for the first week in October as the release date for the Cu G4's, and is expecting the Ag G5's to be around 3 months after that...so you might want to consider getting another block in the meantime if you'll be putting this system together in the next couple of weeks. I believe he's trying to hit the $70-80US range for the G4's, with no real estimated price on the G5's, yet (bet on at least $150, though).

Not in a rush for cathar's storm, I'll just grab the rest of the stuff if I see a good deal. When his blocks comes out then I'll put it together. :beer:

secretweapon said:
How loud are these babies?

Check 'em out:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319526
http://sanyodb.colle.co.jp/product_db_e/coolingfan/dcfan/dc_fan_detail.php?master_id=1140

102cfm @ 39dba (not optimistic at all like most fan manufacturers). They're built so much better than any other fan I've owned it's ridiculous. They weigh twice as much easily. And as Boris the Blade says:

20040120-2boristheblade.jpg

"Weight is sign of reliability...if it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it."

But seriously, I also have the 80mm version and it kills my Vantec Stealths, even my Panaflo's. It's got better pressure than most other 120mm fans (it's thicker) which is especially important for radiators and heatercores. Get a fan controller and you're set. Though by all means, everyone should already have a fan controller.

Back