• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting Pump Vertical

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

Is it okay to mount my pump like this:

vertical_pump_mount.jpg

It will work out better that way if I mount it verticaly to the back of the case. Its the Swiftech MCP650 and it comes in tomorrow, so thats probably when I will mount it ;)

I don't think it could do any good because water has to go up in your loop somewhere. I would be curious about possible adverse effects caused by gravity because of the non standard orientation. Perhaps there would be no problem but I would make sure before doint that.

It should be fine, just make sure you dont have any hose kinking issues and before you mount it, put down some sort of absorbtion mat.

Alright, I'll e-mail SwiftTech and see what they say.

jack - what would you suggest to put down to absorb any vibration?

from the diagram it looks like it gets attached with rubber grommets, so that should be ok for vibration absorbtion. As far as vertical mounting it should be fine.

Well often some sort of foam mat is provided with the pump by manufacturer, and I've seen many of those asaka noise dampening pad to be effective as a mat, but really all you need is some sort of buffer. You could even go to certain places and get a mousepad freebie and cut it to the size of your pump's footprint. I use a mousepad because the dampening pads are heavily overpriced.

Good luck,
Jack :cool:

EDIT: Those grommets, even if you switched them to be on the inside, would not do enough to keep pump vibration from transferring to the case.

MuEagle05 said:
from the diagram it looks like it gets attached with rubber grommets, so that should be ok for vibration absorbtion. As far as vertical mounting it should be fine.
Yes, but see, its going to be mounted vertically so the rubber grommets are good for the bottom of the pump, that will screw/mount into the back of the case, but the side of the pump, the blue part, that normally wouldnt be touching anything, will be resting on the bottom of the case, so I would need to put a mat down for it to lay on.

jackrungh, thanks. Hopefully there will be some type of mat provided with the pump :)

Oh alright. Thanks fhanderson :)

I'll have to get another one to put on the bottom of the case for the "front" of the pump to rest on too probably.

I'll still copy here what Swiftech writes back to me, but thanks crimedog and nikhsub1 - I'll take your word for it :D

Alright...

SwiftTech hasnt written back to me yet either so oh well - forget them

Like I said, I'm going to take your words for it then (trust :)) and just mount it like that anways, Thank you :D

Back