• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Resevior for D4 12v pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

Recently I ordered a custom made resevior from http://www.cstec.biz/en

and here's the pics
DSCN2286.JPG

DSCN2287.JPG

DSCN2288.JPG

DSCN2289.JPG

for pump's intake(inlet), always bigger the better so that it has less head loss at the suction point!

small and super convenient and yet great looking! It is directly attach to the D4 pump and all the joints use O Ring to prevent leaks.

That's really nice looking!! That design is excellent IMHO. If you don't mind me asking though.... how much did that cost? I just wanted to know since it's a custom made res if it was more expensive than the standard res they make. I still haven't bought all the components needed for my future setup but this looks like it would be one of better options for a res/t-line. Really nice man :thup:

Looks slick :thup: , if you are putting it into your case take another pic of it in use.

SnowRider said:
That's really nice looking!! That design is excellent IMHO. If you don't mind me asking though.... how much did that cost? I just wanted to know since it's a custom made res if it was more expensive than the standard res they make. I still haven't bought all the components needed for my future setup but this looks like it would be one of better options for a res/t-line. Really nice man :thup:

You will be shock @ price.... I paid $20 for it... :thup: not bad.. but definately not cheap too.

i think thats pretty cheap for a custom part and most res are at least that i.e. typhoon, CritiCool WaterPlant, dual bay

EluSiOn said:
You will be shock @ price.... I paid $20 for it... :thup: not bad.. but definately not cheap too.
:drool: Dude.... for a reservoir like that it's an excellent price IMO. Usually any res in the $20 price range will be a plain ol' acrylic tube res or bay res. This one has alluminum fill caps and looks just as good as the innovatek tank-o-matic res I used to like :rolleyes: but this one is designed 10x better. I'd say you got a steal and I plan on doing the same thing :clap:.

both top and buttom can be open just by turning anti clock wise

the caps are anodized

EluSiOn said:
And ?
They will corrode away, it only needs time.
Look at the numerous threads about anodized-top waterblocks, i think there was also a thread with an anodized-caps reservoir.. with horror pictures.

nah... it was me who posted nasty corroded maze4 top...

it is very easy to see/check up on the resevior if corrossion starts....

normally it is the anodized surface CHIPPED away or peel off...

Well for something as trivial as a reservoir, i'd rather save the headache and get an all-plastic one. We have enough trouble with waterblocks already...

I'm satisfied with my homemade pvc reservoir which cost me a lot less than $20. I have to admit, this would looks nice if you were going to show off your case and WC system though.

good luck catching bubbles with that.
Linear flow right through the damn thing. why not offset the barbs from another ??
No plastic divider in the center?

The only benefit I see from having that device in the loop, would be a bigger body of water for the pump to draw from on the low-pressure side. It would need to be immideately in front of the intake though.

Senater_Cache said:
Linear flow right through the damn thing. why not offset the barbs from another ??

The only benefit I see from having that device in the loop, would be a bigger body of water for the pump to draw from on the low-pressure side. It would need to be immideately in front of the intake though.

it'd work as good if not better than a t-line, and a t-line catches bubbles

Senater_Cache said:

there is a plate which block the flow right in the center... i didnt install it when I took the pic

and that resevior is directly mounted onto the D4 pump's intake ..

Yeah definitely post some pics when you install this. I'm anxious to see how it looks when installed and in use. I'm also curious as to how it forms a watertight seal with the pump because I can't tell exactly how it'd do that from the pics.

Back