• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looks like Heatercore will not fit in my V1000B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

Well, I got the case in today and I'm rather disappointed. I guess I should have opted for the V2000B. I have the option of selling both the Thermaltake Tsunami and the V1000 and buying the v2000, but don't feel like going through the hassle. Plus, I've been without a computer for almost a month and my patience is wearing thin. My other option is just drilling a big rectangle up top to fit a dual 120mm setup. This really dampens my things though. Now, I have to worry about losing a few pci slots (not too important and maybe 1 drive. Does anyone have like an estimate measurement of the dual 120mm heatercore setup? There was a guy who sold the dented heatercores with shrouds and barbs for I think $40-$50 dollars, can anyone point me to him?

The other thing about the case is my PSU won't even fit down below. I will have to remove some rivets from one of the sections to even fit that it. ARGH! I will have to buy a dremel tool to remove those, but does anyone have an idea of how much they are and what tools and accessories I will need with it? I will head to the hardware store or Walmart later on to look for it.

I have that same case on its way. I'm going to see if the Dtek Pro rad fits in the front 120 space after I remove a drive cage.

A drill is all that should be needed to remove the rivets. You need to remove the head so the plug can back out.

As far as PS several of the larger units won't fit. I read that the Antec NeoPower 480 fits. I went with the Antec True500 and was told it would fit.

Where did you expect to put a dual heatercore??? This case is pretty small, the only place one could fit is the top, or maybe the bottom with serious modifications. If you want an internal watercooling system you're either going to have to have a rad hanging off the back, top mounted, or a small one on the front intake.

Large PSUs don't fit, as stated in the reviews.

crimedog said:
Where did you expect to put a dual heatercore??? This case is pretty small, the only place one could fit is the top, or maybe the bottom with serious modifications. If you want an internal watercooling system you're either going to have to have a rad hanging off the back, top mounted, or a small one on the front intake.

Large PSUs don't fit, as stated in the reviews.
I believe my PSU will fit once I remove the hd cage, unless the holes won't match up.

Yes, I was going to install a dual heatercore on the top of the system.
That Dtek Pro core, if it's anything like the chevette heater core will not fit down below in any way.
Just letting you know.
Here are some pics though.

Also the last pic is the rivets I have in question. How do I get to them? Just angle the dremel in there?

Attachments

• DSCN0368.JPG
    DSCN0368.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0369.JPG
    DSCN0369.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0375.JPG
    DSCN0375.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 423
Afternoon,

I have the Lian Li 1200 and it is a totally sweet case. The difference between yours and mine is that it is about 10 CM longer. This allowed me to fit a dual core in the bottom, like where you want to put yours.

As for the rivets you are asking for trouble if you try to dremel them out. Too much work taking them out from the inside. Turn your case over and you will see the "bottom" of the rivit.

Get a drill and a 3/16" bit and start with that. Drill right inte the middle and you will break off the rivit. If the bit does not break it off then use a 4/16" (1/4") and try that.

By the way go to the mods section on here and check out what the other guys are doing with their 1000B.

themodguy said:
Afternoon,

I have the Lian Li 1200 and it is a totally sweet case. The difference between yours and mine is that it is about 10 CM longer. This allowed me to fit a dual core in the bottom, like where you want to put yours.

As for the rivets you are asking for trouble if you try to dremel them out. Too much work taking them out from the inside. Turn your case over and you will see the "bottom" of the rivit.

Get a drill and a 3/16" bit and start with that. Drill right inte the middle and you will break off the rivit. If the bit does not break it off then use a 4/16" (1/4") and try that.

By the way go to the mods section on here and check out what the other guys are doing with their 1000B.
Do you have any pics? Please show so I can get a few ideas.
Thanks! I can't find anyone else's v1000 except vio.

Jbroad572 said:
That Dtek Pro core, if it's anything like the chevette heater core will not fit down below in any way.

The D-tek I bought is 5.5"W x 6.38"H. If I place it on it's side and remove the 1st HD rack it looks like it will fit. A 120mm fan is about 4 3/4". I've seen others place a rad here but I'm sure on what radiator they used.

Ok, I got a nail and hammer and went from underneath. All the small beaded rivets popped out, but it's still just as tight. What am I missing?

maybe a screw somewhere? Check around, I know my HDD Bays on my V1000D (xaser III) were held in by screws but there were rivets for a few other things too, some were attached with both. just look all around

well, right now I'm just trying to remove the divider before the hd rack, so I can fit my psu in. Once I move that it should fit. It's off by a few milimeters. I hope this can come out. I removed 6 rivets and don't see any screws anywhere.

Now I really feel like a dumbass. There was a plate to unscrew and slide my psu in. Once again this is my first time. Thts stupid question number 2. At least I learned how to remove rivets though :p

Back