• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incredibly Crazy Idle Temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Okay - first keep in mind that I have an IC7 - and I'm on water cooling too. I'm running a 3.0C @ 3.6 on stock voltage (sl6wu) .. when I first installed the white water on it.. after I got everything clamped down correctly, the ic7 was reporting 39C at idle.. which I'm guessing is anywhere from 25 - 30C. Then at load it would go up to about 48 - 51 C load.. so.. 38 - 41 load maybe?

This is all great, then one day after I closed Medal of Honor.. MBM reported 48 - 50 C.. so I waited for the temp to come down since I had just closed the game, but it never did. I Restarted, cut off the comp for a while, but the temp was still 48 - 50 C idle. When I put it on load the temp goes no higher than 52C or so like it usually does, but right now it's idling at 50. It's weird, performance isn't being affected at all.. but having such a high idle temp urks me..

I've already pushed the WW down at varying angles to see if it's just the mounting but the temp stays the same..

WW - JR120 with shrouded 120mm evercool fan - mag 3 - and DD Maze 4.

Last edited:
buy a good fan contrller with temp sensor or get tem snesor to test cant ever trust full the mb temp fell the cpu snd see if it feels hot to your touch becasue rember your body temp 98f and have you applied artic silver?

yeh.. I've applied AS3 and all that good stuff.. it doesn't seem too hot to me. I'm def. about to invest in a temp sensor though.. kinda annoyed with this right now

Back