• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest errors on dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

i just got a stick of Geil 512mb value series with heat spreader, put it in my DFI Ultra-AL with the system in sig and it came up with memtest errors no matter what vdimm, fsb, or timings i tried. The different slots i tried putting them in made a large difference in how many errors turned out, on the same channel the most errors showed up. Individually they both only need 2.5v for 200fsb 2.5-3-3-8 for memtest to pass flawlessly. Anyone know whats going on? I'm guessing it's the motherboard's problem and not the ram. I tried upping the chipset voltage and it eliminated some of the errors. Is there some burn-in i can do to the ram or the chipset?

I just picked up a single stick of GeIL Value (256MB, no heatspreader, labeled for 2.5-3-3-6) for a backup rig. I forgot to drop my FSB and adjust timings before putting it in, but to my surprise it booted right up at FSB 230, 2.5-4-3-7, 2.65v. Ran it through Memtest and it's stable. These should be the same ICs as yours, so it may be a mobo incompatability (mine was with a P4C800).

thanks for the reply, it turned out to be that the old bios only allowed up to 512mb of DDR400 and newer versions allow up to 1gb of DDR400 so i just flashed the bios

Back