• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question About using a '77 Bonneville Heater Core in a Xaser III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

Would it be possible to fit a '77 Bonneville HC in a Xaser III, considering I took out the 2 HDD cages and cut off all those restriction plates and the like? Im pretty sure it would fit in the front, but does anyone know for a fact? Thanx!

Last edited:
Just get the demesions of it and measure. I have a Xaser III, but I'm building an external box for my WC rig. Internal rigs look over crowded.

Fedco 2-199 - bonneville w/o ac:
the core area is 9 3/8" x 6 1/16"
overall: 10 3/4" x 6 1/16"

Fedco 2-302 (bonneville w/ac)
core area: 10 3/4" x 5 5/8"
overall: 12 1/2" x 5 5/8"

From weapon's guide in the stickies.

it will fit, but it will be cramped and you will need some other place to put your hd's and floppy

hmmm...HDD could fit in one of the 5.25 bays that I have thats empty (use one of those 5.25 adapters that came with the case), but i dunno where the floppy would go. I could just get an external USB one, I dont use it that much really, only for flashing every once in a while, would the external floppy work? If so then that solves my problem...

i think that would work, look in the stickies, wcing case pics gallery. a lot of ppl have that case and put in dual 120mm heatercores after taking out the 2 drive cages

Back