• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Free_Loader

I would like to have some of your recommedations for WC components. My setup is in my sig.

I would like to be able to purchase from one vendor if possible. The shipping will go to the US. The cost is not as important as performance on your choice. Please answer the questions below:

1) Which 3/8"ID 1/2"OD water block would you recommend for my 9800 pro? X800Pro? Will it fit both? Please list your vendor(s) choice(s)

2) Which 3/8"ID 1/2"OD water block would you recommend for my Northbridge on my IC7-Max3? Please list your vendor(s) choice(s)

3) With the above plus the DD RBX inline would I benefit "greatly" 5-10deg difference with a higher rated pump? 44idle/54load currently

Thank you all for your helpful response(s) in advance!

Post inside rig picture and ram/cpu stats, if youre currently cpu only, your temps are very high IMO. Possibly avoidable flow restrictions and you have a Hydor plumbed in a 3/8 system. MCP650/600, D4, or Iwaki, especially for an impingement WB like the RBX. Lets see her for definite conclusions.

nissmo300-Yes, the rig is stable but I cannot use Prime95 to back that up. It fails Prime in 10sec or so which I have not been able to figure out. I can play Doom 3 for days and I have no crashing whatsoever.

Jack- I don't have pics to post at the moment. I will do my best to post them in a day or two but odd thing is that weither I have 6 90's in there or none the temps are the same.....the setup is in this order RBX/Radiator/Pump/Resovoir my case temp is usually about 33deg. It goes lower which lowers my idle just a tad. I have two Panaflow 90cfm fans blowing through the radiator which is mounted on the roof of my case. As far as the memory is concerned I have 2x512 @ 250fsb.

I would suggest get a better RAD then BIX2... and also get rid of the Typhoon Resevior, i think you are better with a T.

for your GPU... i would suggest either MAZE4GPU or Silverprop Fusion HL... for NB... I would suggest use a better fan and it should be alright... however, if really wanna water cool, then.. MAZE4chipset is not a bad choice...

maybe change your system to all 1/2" will help out too

Despite additional things that images may illuminate for us, your system is operating far from optimum for one reason: a good amount of backpressure with a relatively weaker pump resulting in low flow. This is especially expressed in the WB, which is of an impingment design and naturally requires excellent flow setups. The second reason the system is just too restrictive for your pump is the tubing diameter. Now while ill admit that I am a diciple of 1/2" Tygon, there are many who run killer pumps with massive head through their 3/8" and as a result have no issues and even improved performance.

Your RAD is good enough with that 90 CFM. (You could do better with a heatercore, but its already paid for and isnt horrible.) The RBX is a very contending block which will do well. So.. for you, it may only be a pump issue. You can add the GPU if you so desire, but at the critical level, upgrade to one of the higher end pumps.

Whenever you can get the images together lets see the rig, it sounds as if maybe you have some airflow issues as well.

Good Luck,
Jack :cool:

P.S When you are in Classified's range postcount.. there are some pretty good deals to be had on Iwakis and other pumps.

For top performance you do need a pump (Laing D4, ie MCP650) with better head and 1/2" tubing. I use 3/8" tubing too, but I do recognize that to get the best performance, the easiest way is to use 1/2" tubing. Also, ditch the BIX rads and get a 2-342 heatercore. It will do a better job. Have you looked into TEC? You won't see much improvement in performance just switching the pump and tubing, or even the radiators for a heatercore. To get significant improvements in performance you need to look to something more powerful.

Jack - Awesome thanks! I will definitely consider getting a better pump. At this point I will see what comes of redesigning the way the hoses go and shorten up the total length of the tubing.

Alacritan - Your honest opinion on the performance difference is greatly appreciated. It is what I could only assume, that i need some real horsepower, changing the whole system, basically. I want to see what I can push out of this for now but will definitely consider upgrading everything in the near future.

Does anyone know which blocks if any fit X800Pro's specifically the Sapphire version that looks and is the same as the ATI version? Also, is it worth going to a WB that would have pelts? My concern is making sure I have the power to run one that would cool my Prescott now and in the future. Also, if i go that far is it worth one for the GPU? I don't have one now and would like the opportunity to get some of the best. If I do get a GPU block w/built in Pelt could I use the same power source for both? I know you need the add'l power. Will I need (2) of these or would (1) suffice for the GPU/CPU WB&Pelt combos? <- http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/fr...se=Auxiliary Power Supply/mp=menu_search.html

Back