• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torn on which A64 block. Swifty(2), RBX, WW etc..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markrb

Registered
I have been doing some reading and read many of the pro's and cons of these waterblocks, but I am still stuck for my soon to arrive AMD 64 3200+.
I am slightly leaning towards the Swift 6000-A, but I like the 1/2" barbs on the 6002 better since my current setup is all 1/2", but since it's so simple I could easily reduce it if I had to.
All I water cool is my CPU in the simplest way. I have a Sen 500 GPH pump that has very good head and very low heat going into a chevette heater core going into my current block on my XP of a Spir@l and then back into a simple 2 gallon fish tank. Big, messy, but simple and it works.

My first poly top on my Spir@l did crack, but I was sent a new one after the redesign and it has been fine ever since. So although I am leary of Poly Tops I am not going to rule them out completely since that really cuts into my choices.

So far I have knocked it down to these four in no particular order.

Swifty 6000-A
Swifty 6002-64
White Water
RBX with brass top

They are all pretty close in price so that won't be the number one factor.
I am looking for the best combo of performance and ease of use. A good track record of not leaking would be nice too.

Thanks,
Mark

I am ordering the Swifty 6000-64 today. Biting the bullet.

Mark

Best WB (click on Storm CPU block FAQ)

You should probably wait for some tests before you make that kind of declaration.

That being said, I expect the new block to be a (very)good performer given the research and development that goes into his blocks.

Last edited:
I think they are all very close, either way the Swifty was not a bad choice, only problem is you cant clean it if need be.......

You know, $90 is a lot for a waterblock, but they're not going to get much better after this. I think of the $90 I'm going to spend on a G4 as an investment.

Back