• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek no longer makes the ProCore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

I recently received news that Dtek stopped making the all popular ProCore.
I am uncertain if there will be a replacement model, but it would seem like a wise move.

If anyone has any info regarding this event, please respond.

SenC.

D-Tek had a rad called the Pro-core. It was larger than the standard 120mm(or there abouts) rad. They came out with another rad called the Pro-Core Jr 120 which was about the size of a 120 mm fan.

I believe when they came out with the JR they stopped making the Pro-Core. Since then I think they renamed the JR-120 to the Pro-Core.

So the answer to your question is yes they have stopped making the Orignal larger Pro-Core. Have they stopped making the JR-120, I am not sure, but it least you know a little bit of the history on that.

Anybody else???

The pro-core was just a painted and barbed chevette heatercore. It is a nice size IMO.

procore has be discontinued for a LOOOOOOOOONG time..
you guys shouldn't be picky about a centimeter or two difference with the pro and jr.
it really doesnt' make a big difference. if u want a bigger rad go for a caprice

making a core that is almost identical to the orig. procore is fairly easy - get a '86 chevette core and mod fittings. it will work with the cooling works shrouds as well as others. by the time you add paint, etc. it should still be less than the $50 of the retail combo versions.

on the other hand, the jr is a nice core and considering the size difference, their might be a scintilla of temp difference but that's about it. on the bonus side, the jr is small enough as to where you could fit it in just about any case.

Back