• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 diff barb sizes on rbx top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
as the title says is there a way to get an rbx with a 3/8 outlet on one side and a 1/2 on the other?
preferably with a poly top.
i want to run the 1/2 to a gpu block and the 3/8 to a nb block.
does this idea even make any sense?
or should i just go with 1/2 all around?

thnx, Magick_Man

You would have to modify the top yourself.

You would end up with slightly less flow along the 3/8 line, though in this situation that might not be a bad thing.

I know there are people who have run the outlets to two seperate blocks and joined them and a res or y.

I would say you best bet would be to go 1/2" all around. I could only see probs happening to do 3/8" on one side and 1/2" on the other. Also if you did do it you wouldn't have to mod anything. You would just need to get a 1/4"npt 3/8" barb.

so i basically have 2 options, get a top with 1/2 in all and use some barb to hook up a 3/8 hose to one side.
or i could get a 3/8 top and drill/tap one side to 1/2?

edit: actually the 3/8 top isnt really an option bc i want a 1/2 inlet to the block so does anyone know where to get a barb to go in a 1/2 hole that'll fit a 3/8 hose?

Both the 1/2" and 3/8" have the same size threads (1/4" NPT). You wouldn't need to do any tapping yourself.

well i just emailed Danger Den about switching a 1/2 for a 3/8 if i order it from them, well see what they say

Hello Joseph,

We can do this for you make sure you write in comments what it is you want and also e-mail us with your order number.

I would recommend a different way of going about this. We have the fittings on the site that can be ordered separately (High flow fitting). That way you can change them out. They are screwed in and easy to change.

Best regards,

Kathi

Danger Den
well i guess all i have left to do now is to get the money and order it
*checks pockets and lint falls out, sigh*

Back